Monday, June 26, 2017

Fathers and brothers and Uncles

I have wanted to do a steampunk layout for ages, as I had already printed a picture which I felt really suited the Steampunk style. The challenge at More Than Words then surely fit the bill . The requirement is to be inspired by the word Father and for your layout to be in the steampunk style.
More then words


My layout is not of my Dad, but rather of my Uncle Ray and brother David . Uncle Ray is married to my late Dads sister Pat, and is a very fatherly figure and a very dear Uncle, who always makes family feel so welcome in his home and treats us like royalty.


This visit to England by my brother,  was in December 2016 and shows the beautiful Tyne bridge in the background which to me adds to the mechanical rusty look of the layout .

I did rather like the King and Jack of spades touch in the background.

PS I only noticed now that a button has slipped over the "L" of Geordie Lads- Oops!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful entry, this is a very lovely creation!! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on our challenge this month!Thanks for playing along! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is an awesome tribute to a very special man who is like a dad to you! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous steampunk layout. Love the vintage feel to it. Beautiful tribute to a special man <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous masculine page! Love the steampunk feel too. Gorgeous little treasures and trinkets on the page too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, all are read and appreciated xxx