Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Bee Krafty

After a visit to Jeffreys Bay and my first and favourite Scrapbook shop, Scrapbook Studio  , I am stocked up on Kraft paper  and ready to take part in some Krafty challenges . 

Surprisingly I made a list of requirements  and didn't give into my wants- a first for me i am sure ( just a few chipboard titles , but they dont count )

So I have scrapped a beautiful photo of my friend Nettie taken in an old phone booth on the railway platform at the Thomas river historical village . 

I love the setting of the photo with the old scale and the worn paint and  have tried to capture that with my wood type paper and the tattered washi tape .
I also love the expression on Netties face which reflects her happy and loving nature . 

The challenge at Kraft+ was to be inspired by the graphic and or by bees. I was inspired by the honeycomb shapes in the graphic as well as the little postage stamp and the stitching effect . I also included a really sweet little bee off to the right of my layout.

Loved doing this layout and hope that you like it too.


Kraft+



6 comments:

  1. I am sure that Nettie will love this! She is a professional poser ;-)
    Yet again, one that I am going to have to see in real life, there is so much detail. I really like your combination of elements, and how you are picking up on the cues from the photo. Well done sis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, I like all the details and yes I see the little bee too.. thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to read how the graphics inspired you to create this beautiful layout.So many beautiful little details. So happy you played along with us at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are brave to make a list and stick to it. Something I find difficult to do in a Scrapbooking shop! A lovely page, chock full of details including the wee bee. I like the weathered wood along the sides and the hexagon effect. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great page Love the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous page Wendy and love those little pops of red! ;-) A gorgeous photo too! ;-)
    I hope you had a blessed Christmas and wishing you everything of the best for 2018! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, all are read and appreciated xxx